This month we thought we would do something a little different!
As its almost Halloween we wanted to show you how you can put your BBQ to good use, even going into winter & Autumn.
This recipe is quick and easy and perfect for cooking while the kids (or adults) carve their pumpkins!
All you will need to make sweet and sour frilled pumpkin is:
• 1 pound sugar pumpkin
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 clove of garlic, finely sliced
• 3 tablespoons red or white vinegar
• 2 tablespoons of honey
• Pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 2 tablespoons chopped mint or basil
- To start, fill your BBQ with hardwood Lump charcoal
- Slice your pumpkin in half vertically and clean out the inside
- Then cut your pumpkin into 1/4 inch slices
- Whisk together olive oil, garlic, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Then add your pumpkin slices to the mixture and toss well to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Place your pumpkin slices over your grill and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side or until grill marks appear.
- Sprinkle with mint or basil (whichever you prefer)
And you’re ready to serve!