As Haloween is behind us, you may need to find a way to use up some of the pumpkins you have left!
This month we are going to make a beautiful pumpkin soup! All you need is:
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil 2 Onions
- 1kg Pumpkin
- 700ml Vegetable or Chicken Stock
- 150ml Double Cream
- Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large saucepan, then gently cook 2 finely chopped onions for 5 mins, until soft but not coloured.
- Add 1kg pumpkin or squash, cut into chunks, to the pan, then carry on cooking for 8-10 mins, stirring occasionally until it starts to soften and turn golden.
- Pour 700ml vegetable or chicken stock into the pan and season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 mins until the squash is very soft.
- Pour 150ml double cream into the pan, bring back to the boil, then purée with a hand blender. For an extra-velvety consistency, you can pour the soup through a fine sieve.
- Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a frying pan, then fry the bread until it starts to become crisp.
- Add a handful of pumpkin seeds to the pan, then cook for a
few mins more until
they are toasted.
- Reheat the soup if needed, taste for seasoning, then serve scattered with croutons and seeds. Drizzle with more olive oil if you fancy.
If you enjoy reading our blogs, click below to find more!