To apply for the following positions, please contact:
Seasonal Nursery Assistant
Job Type – Fixed term contract (6 months) full-time including some weekends
Working Hours – 8:00-17:00 (mon-sat) 09:00-16:00 (sun)
Reporting to – Nursery Assistant Manager
Oaktree Garden Centre is a large plant nursery and retail garden centre, this role will predominately be working on the nursery to assist with the production of the 100,000’s plants we grow each season
The successful candidate will mainly be involved with the day to day operational requirements of a busy nursery
Main Duties (but not limited to)
* Potting of young plants
* Weeding & watering
* Maintaining plant health (deadheading, cutting back, feeding)
* Moving stock
* Fulfilling orders (picking stock)
* General nursery housekeeping (sweeping, clearing old stock, tidying)
There may be a requirement to work in the retail side of Oaktree Garden Centre during busy periods
Experience & Qualifications
* Any horticultural experience or qualifications would be advantageous but not specifically required for this role
* Basic literacy & numeracy are required
* An interest in plants would be desirable
* Someone who is proactive and self-motivated
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* A flexible approach to ever changing priorities and ability to manage workloads
This is a physically demanding job, requiring the moving & lifting of heavy/bulky items every day, please give this careful consideration before submitting your application
Retail Plant Sales Assistant
We are seeking a Retail Plant Assistant to help with the day to day running of our plant sales area here at Oaktree Garden centre.
The focus of this role will be working in the retail plant area maximising sales of plants for the garden centre
This position is full time which will include weekend work 1 weekend out of 2. With hours of work being 9am to 6pm.
This hands-on role offers the right individual the chance to be a part of a significant and extensive business. It includes ensuring the day to day up keep of the Plant area is maintained to the highest possible standard.
The successful candidate's main duties may include:
* Providing a professional and efficient level of customer service.
* Maintaining plant Quality / health (including watering & Weeding )
* Keeping up the plant areas standards of clean and tidiness
* Maintaining stock levels / Stock replenishment
* Working in the Nursery and other areas of the garden centre when required
* This role would suit someone with previous experience working in a Garden centre environment.
* Any horticultural qualifications would be desirable but not essential, however due to the nature of the role we are looking for someone with experience working within the horticultural sector.
* We are looking for an ambitious, self-motivated and pro-active individual who has a flexible approach to ever changing priorities and workload, a hands-on approach and the desire to work as part of the team.
* This role will require regular lifting/moving of heavy or bulky items therefore we require applicants to consider this before applying